MUMBAI, Jan 12, 2015: IDBI Federal Life Insurance has launched its latest advertising campaign for its flagship product Lifesurance Whole Life Plan. The campaign uses the thought of “Befikar, Umar Bhar” to highlight the core product benefit of protection till 100 years of age.
Consumers, who buy life insurance for the dual benefit of protection and savings, usually expect a lump sum payout to fulfil the dreams they have for their families and themselves. When it comes to protection, it is common place to buy life insurance to financially protect one’s loved ones only during the working years of one’s life. What most individuals miss seeing is the financial stress that their absence will put on their loved ones, even after their working lives. With life spans increasing significantly, having adequate protection throughout the lifetime is not only meaningful but also essential. This is where whole life plans come to the picture.
IDBI Federal’s new campaign takes help of humour to explain the different roles that a whole life plan may play as part of the consumers’ overall financial plan. The campaign portrays a 35 year old Mukesh in conversation with an IDBI Federal representative. During the interaction, we also see the 50 year old and the 70 year old Mukesh come in with their points of view. Each Mukesh is at a different life stage with a different dilemma about his future and a distinct need. The IDBI Federal representative answers their concerns and explains how the policy will take care of Mukesh and his family throughout his life.
In the life insurance category in India, such a TVC treatment has never been attempted before with multiple roles to depict the different life stages. The execution needed significant planning and precision to get the sequencing of events right while shooting the TVC. The TVC seeks to make IDBI Federal Lifesurance Whole Life Plan stand out in the maze of insurance products and simplify product understanding for the consumers.
Aneesh Khanna, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, IDBI Federal, says, “IDBI Federal Lifesurance Whole Life Insurance plan is our flagship product. With increasing life spans, this product works well to effectively address the long term financial needs of the Indian consumer. In a category, where most life insurance players have refrained from advertising whole life plans, we have taken the bold step of communicating a complex product in a simple yet interesting way, keeping in line with our humorous approach that has worked really well for us in the past. The two key challenges for us were to bring out the key benefits of a whole life plan within the limited duration of a TV commercial and yet ensure that the same stands out in the clutter of financial services advertising. Our TV commercial with its unique treatment hopefully overcomes both these challenges with simple, yet effective storytelling.”
Says, Kawal Shoor, Head of Planning, Ogilvy Mumbai, “IDBI Federal wanted us to help them take the lead in positioning insurance on its true purpose – beyond savings, beyond investments – as an instrument that provides material and some emotional security. What makes the offering special is its simplicity – one policy that covers needs at various life stages, and continues to provide cover till the age of 100. We can all now live longer. Carefree lifelong was a promise we wanted to bring alive, and hopefully our work has done that.”
Explaining the rationale behind the campaign, Amitabh Agnihotri, Group Creative Director, Ogilvy & Mather Mumbai Office, says, “We have always loved writing campaigns for IDBI Federal. Every campaign has had humour and ingenuity at the heart of it. This was no different. Yet in this campaign, we had to take up the challenging task of explaining a complicated financial product in the most simplistic way. We chose to relay a real product pitch packaged in an interesting and easy conversation. We hope the approach works well for the brand and the product.”
- Creative Agency: Ogilvy & Mather, Mumbai
- Creative Team: Abhijit Avasthi, Amitabh Agnihotri, Sameer Sojwal, Mayank Yadav, Chirayu Palande, Binish and Gauri
- Client Servicing: B Ramanathan, Chitralekha Chetia, Shrutika Sinha and Ankita Pandit
- Planning: Kawal Shoor and Aparna Jain
- Production House: Corcoise Films
- Director: Prasoon Pandey
- Language: Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu
About IDBI Federal Life Insurance
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance is one of India’s growing life insurance companies and offers a diverse range of wealth management, protection and retirement solutions to individual and corporate customers.
IDBI Federal Life Insurance Co Ltd is a joint-venture of IDBI Bank, India’s premier development and commercial bank, Federal Bank, one of India’s leading private sector banks and Ageas, a multinational insurance giant based out of Europe. Having commenced operations in 2008, IDBI Federal was able to achieve breakeven within just 5 years; the Company’s passion for innovation and growth helped it achieve this feat. Through a nationwide network of 2,500 branches of IDBI Bank and Federal Bank, and a sizeable network of advisors and partners, IDBI Federal Life Insurance has achieved presence across the length and breadth of the country. As on September 30, 2014, the company has issued nearly 7.3 lakh policies with a sum assured of over Rs. 37,948 crores. IDBI Federal Life Insurance has total assets under management of 3855 crores and a robust capital base of over 800 crores, as on September 30, 2014.
To know more, visit www.idbifederal.com.
About the sponsors of IDBI Federal Life Insurance Co Ltd
- IDBI Bank Ltd. continues to be, since its inception, India’s premier industrial development bank. It came into being as on July 01, 1964 to support India’s industrial backbone. Today, it is amongst India’s foremost commercial banks, with a wide range of innovative products and services, serving retail and corporate customers in all corners of the country from 1459 branches and 2727 ATMs. The Bank offers its customers an extensive range of diversified services including project finance, term lending, working capital facilities, lease finance, venture capital, loan syndication, corporate advisory services and legal and technical advisory services to its corporate clients as well as mortgages and personal loans to its retail clients. As part of its development activities, IDBI Bank has been instrumental in sponsoring the development of key institutions involved in India’s financial sector – National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE) and National Securities Depository Ltd, SHCIL (Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd), CARE (Credit Analysis and Research Ltd).
To know more, visit www.idbibank.com.
- Federal Bank is one of India’s leading private sector banks, with a dominant presence in the state of Kerala. It has a strong network of over 1,214 branches and 1,435 ATMs spread across India. The bank provides over four million retail customers with a wide variety of financial products. Federal Bank is one of the first large Indian banks to have an entirely automated and interconnected branch network. In addition to interconnected branches and ATMs, the Bank has a wide range of services like Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Tele Banking, Any Where Banking, debit cards, online bill payment and call centre facilities to offer round the clock banking convenience to its customers. The Bank has been a pioneer in providing innovative technological solutions to its customers and the Bank has won several awards and recommendations.
To know more, visit www.federalbank.co.in.
- Ageas is an international insurance group with a heritage spanning 190 years. Ranked among the top 20 insurance companies in Europe, Ageas has chosen to concentrate its business activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the largest share of the global insurance market. These are grouped around four segments: Belgium, United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Asia and served through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors around the world. Ageas operates successful partnerships in Belgium, the UK, Luxembourg, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India and Thailand and has subsidiaries in France, Hong Kong and the UK. Ageas is the market leader in Belgium for individual life and employee benefits, as well as a leading non-life player through AG Insurance. In the UK, Ageas is the second largest Motor insurer and has a strong presence in the growing over 50’s market. Ageas employs more than 13,000 people in the consolidated entities and over 30,000 in the non-consolidated partnerships, and has annual inflows of more than EUR 23 billion.
To know more, visit www.ageas.com.