- Available from Trend+ variant onwards, Ford EcoSport’s new ‘Black Edition’ is being offered at attractive prices starting from INR 858,500 (ex-showroom, New Delhi)
- New ‘Black Edition’ enhances Ford EcoSport’s imposing stance with all-black exteriors including Black Grille, Alloy Wheels, Fog lamps, Black-out moulded headlamps and more
NEW DELHI, India, May 18, 2016 – Ford India today introduced a trendy ‘Black Edition’ of its capable compact SUV Ford EcoSport to further enhance its sporty and imposing stance.
The Ford EcoSport ‘Black Edition’ will be available in three variants — Trend+, Titanium & Titanium+, — and sold at prices starting from INR 858,500*. It’ll be sold with a choice of three powertrains — Ford’s trusted 1.5l TiVCT petrol engine with both manual and automatic transmission options, 1.5l TDCi diesel engine as well as globally-acclaimed 1.0l EcoBoost engine.
“Besides an outstanding value for money proposition, the Ford EcoSport continues to be admired for its impressive, head-turning design. The new ‘Black Edition’ accentuates EcoSport’s bold design, giving the compact SUV an even more striking look and a substantial road presence,” said Anurag Mehrotra, executive director Marketing, Sales & Service at Ford India.
The new ‘Black Edition’ will offer aggressive yet sophisticated all-black exteriors including a black grille, black-out moulded headlamps, 16-inch black alloy wheels, black mirror covers, black fog lamp bezel, black roof rails & Roof cross bars.
Packed with outstanding power and unmatched quality, Ford EcoSport will continue to dominate the compact SUV segment with its premium styling and several first-in-segment, best-in-class features including:
- Unmatched peak power of 100 PS (73.8 kW) & outstanding fuel economy of 22.27 km/l with 1.5L TDCi diesel engine
- Greater choice with Ford’s fun-to-drive 1.5l TiVCT petrol engine that delivers 112 PS of power and fuel efficiency of 15.85 km/l
- Both five-speed manual transmission as well as Ford’s renowned six-speed dual clutch PowerShift automatic transmission
- Up to six airbags for an enhanced level of protection for the driver and as well passengers
- SYNC with AppLink, Ford’s advanced in-car connectivity system that allows drivers to stay connected with their digital lives, along with potentially lifesaving Emergency Assistance
- Automatic headlamps, signature light guide, daytime running lights, electro-chromic mirror, rain sensing wipers, push button start and scores of other intuitive features
India’s most awarded vehicle Ford EcoSport topped global automotive research firm J.D. Power’s Initial Quality Study in the SUV category for two consecutive years.
Variant wise price details of the Ford EcoSport Black edition (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) are listed below:
|Variants||Trend +||Titanium||Titanium +|
|1.5l TiVCT (Petrol)||NA||874,800||NA|
|1.5l TiVCT (Petrol) AT||NA||979,800||NA|
|1.0l EcoBoost (Petrol)||858,500||NA||963,300|
|1.5l TDCi (Diesel)||888,500||934,800||993,300|
# # #
*The stated figures are as per ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) certification.
All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi
About Ford in India
Established in 1995, Ford in India manufactures and exports automobiles and engines made at its integrated manufacturing facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Sanand, Gujarat. Ford’s current range of award-winning products in India includes the Ford EcoSport, Ford Figo, Ford Fiesta, Ford Figo Aspire, and Ford Endeavour. Ford Operations in India also include Global Business Services, with offices in Chennai, New Delhi and Coimbatore. Registered as Ford Motor Pvt. Ltd. (FMPL) as a legal entity, Global Business Services provide innovative solutions to nearly every Ford locations around the world in areas of Information Technology, Product Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Automotive Financing, Material, Planning & Logistics, Marketing Sales and Service, Analytics, and Purchasing. Ford currently employs more than 14,000 hard-working, dedicated men and women across its operations in India.
For more information, visit http://www.india.ford.com
Kapil Sharma Ashish Trivedi